Orlando Property Damage Attorneys
At HIGGS LAW, P.A., we are dedicated to ensuring you are compensated fairly and fully for all property damage due to accidents, storms, sinkholes, fire, and smoke. Our expert property damage attorney will help you understand your rights and obtain the compensation you deserve.
Filing a Property Damage Claim
When your property has been unexpectedly and severely damaged, it might be difficult to think clearly about the steps you need to take to get compensated by your insurance company. However, it is very important to be thorough when filing a claim so you clearly show all damages for which you should be compensated.
Based on our years of experience in helping clients obtain fair compensation from their insurance companies for property damage, we recommend you follow these steps:
- Protect your property from any further damage as much as possible
- Report your damages as soon as possible to your insurance company
- Document all damages with photos or video
- Try to locate receipts for damaged items
- Keep a file of all documents regarding your claim, including any receipts or invoices
- Make copies and keep a record of any documents sent to and received from your insurance company
- Keep a written log of any email or phone communication with your insurance company and adjuster
When You Need a Florida Property Damage Attorney
After an accident, major storm, or other calamity, life can be very confusing. Often, people assume their insurance companies will look out for them and help them recover from the damage to their property. Unfortunately, this is not typically the case.
Insurance companies are in business to make a profit, and they can try to pay you less than you deserve or not at all for damage to your vehicle, your home, your business, or your other property.
To make sure you get the compensation you deserve, it is important to get help from an experienced Florida property damage attorney. At HIGGS LAW, P.A., we understand how important it is to obtain relief after you’ve been involved in an accident or suffered from storm or other unexpected property damage. We will help you navigate the complicated claims process and work diligently to make sure you get compensated fully and fairly.
Call us today at 407-459-7921 or submit the contact form on our website to talk with an experienced attorney about your property damage case.