Personal Injury Protection Lawyer Orlando

Orlando Personal Injury Protection Attorney

Florida’s rules for filing a Personal Injury Protection (PIP) claim can be very confusing, and insurance companies can deny payment.  If you’ve been injured in an accident, we will work diligently to ensure you get the compensation you need.


What Is Florida Personal Injury Protection?

Personal injury protection, or PIP, is insurance coverage intended to pay for medical expenses and lost wages following a car accident.  Also known as no fault insurance, PIP is designed to make sure your medical expenses and lost wages are covered no matter who is at fault for the accident.

PIP is mandated by law in Florida, yet many Florida residents do not understand how it works.  That is, Florida PIP covers medical costs, such as medical services and medication, hospital expenses, rehab costs, diagnostic services, and ambulatory services, but it only covers 80% of those costs. You or your health insurance company will have to pay the remaining 20%, which can be significant. Additionally, Florida PIP pays 60% of your lost wages up to $10,000, if you are injured in an accident and disabled.


Florida PIP Claims

The most important thing to know about PIP coverage is that in order to be eligible for payment for medical expenses and lost wages in general, you must receive treatment within 14 days of the accident. For lost wages compensation, you have to submit a form completed by your employer to verify your wages for the 13 weeks preceding the accident.  A note from your physician describing your disability might also be required.

At HIGGS LAW, P.A., we suggest you keep a record of all of your medical expenses due to an accident and seek legal counsel to help file your claim and obtain fair compensation.  Your case could be complicated, and having an experienced Florida PIP attorney taking care of details and advocating for you can help ensure you get the payment to which you are entitled.


When You Need a Florida PIP Attorney

After an accident, it’s crucial to get the medical attention you need, despite the potential for under payment, non-payment, or an incorrect payment from your insurance company. At HIGGS LAW, P.A., we understand this and are committed to obtaining maximum compensation for you.

We are experienced at successfully advocating for both patients and medical providers and are also adept at handling cases involving material misrepresentations, IME cutoffs, as well as improper deductible and medicare calculations.

Contact us today at 407-459-7921 or submit the contact form on our website to talk with an experienced Florida insurance attorney about your case.

Other practice areas